Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Support to Advance Research (STAR) Program
The STAR program allows PA faculty researchers to submit no more than 10 survey questions to be included in the PAEA Program Survey.
This project must be research-oriented. A research question or hypothesis should be the focus of the study. The results of the study must have some application to the PA education or workforce issues. Priority will be given to proposals that are likely to yield a high quality, peer-reviewed publication or,and are aligned with PAEA's current research priorities:
1. Increasing capacity in clinical education
2. Attracting and retaining students and faculty who enhance the diversity of PA programs
The overall goals of the PAEA STAR Program are to:
• Increase the quality and frequency of research and scholarly activity among faculty of PAEA member institutions
• Improve the process for surveying constituents with better questions and fewer surveys
• Provide a clearinghouse of data that faculty of PAEA member institutions can use to produce scholarly work
There will be two application cycles for the Program Survey and the Student Surveys. The cycle for the Program Survey will open on January 31, 2023. Applications must be submitted through the PAEA Research online application portal no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 12, 2023.
The Support to Advance Research (STAR) Program is adapted from the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine’s CAFM Educational Research Alliance Program.