Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Don Pedersen Research Grants
The Don Pedersen Research Grants program, formerly known as the Association of Physician Assistant Programs (APAP) Research Institute Small Grants program, initially began in 1997. The Don Pedersen Research Grants Program awards several grants of up to $7,000 with a total possible allotment of $21,000.
The Don Pedersen Research Grants program supports:
- Labor, personnel, or consulting costs
- Travel or other expenses related to the preparation of posters or presentation of findings (up to $1,000)
The program is not intended to fund research on clinical practice.
While proposals from all eligible applicants regarding all aspects of PA education and workforce issues are welcome, preference will favor:
- PA faculty who are early-career or new to research who have not been previously funded by any PAEA research grant program
- PA faculty who are early-career or new to research who partner with senior researcher co-investigators
- Proposals that address PAEA’s priority areas: (1) Increasing capacity in clinical education, and (2) Attracting and retaining diverse students and faculty.
Goals of the Program
The Don Pedersen Research Grants program is intended to foster PA faculty development in the area of research. The program encourages research about both PA education and PA workforce issues.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Grant Cycle are not being accepted at this time.
View the Application Guidelines
Submission of Application
Applications for the Don Pedersen Research Grants Program may now be submitted online. Submissions sent via email will not be accepted.